Sweet corn is just starting to show up in farmer’s markets in most of the country, and while we all love good ol’ corn on the cob with butter, one of the best way to showcase the freshly picked stuff is in a salad.
Start by slicing the freshest sweet corn you can find off the cob, chop up a few colorful additions from summer’s bounty, and shake up a quick dressing.
This sweet corn salad goes together in just a few minutes and is tasty cold and at room temperature.
It’s a great addition to the buffet at your next cook-out, and a real crowd pleaser at any summer family reunion or potluck.
To make it a complete meal without heating up your kitchen, add in some sliced, grilled chicken breast and sprinkle crumbled Feta on top.
- 4 ears of corn, kernels sliced off cob
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1 orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 T. honey
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- Combine veggies and basil in medium mixing bowl.
- Place vinegar, honey, oil, salt and pepper in mason jar or other container with tight-sealing lid and shake well to combine.
- Toss salad with dressing.